I have a hosted POP3 service, why should I take the Opality service?
Most mail services out there are email-only services. You don't get:
- Automatic synchronisation over the air to you BlackBerry smartphone, 3G iPhone or Windows Mobile device.
- Access to Calendars, Contacts, Tasks, email Rules and more. ........ l The ability to share, say, your appointments diary or contacts.
- Central storage of mail so you see all your mail whether you are at work, home or on your laptop.
- Automatic backup of your mail. If your PC dies you don't lose all your mail!
- Professional anti-virus and anti-spam filtering.
- Automatic setup on your PC's plus direct access to support personnel whenever you need them.
Okay, but I can get that if I buy my own mail server, right?
To an extent, but you also get burdened with:
- Big up-front expenses (hosting is subscription based and it is 50% cheaper over 3 years).
- Several single points of failure: Your internet connection, your server, your support person.
- A less feature-rich platform.
- The need for expert knowledge for setting up the service and for maintaining it.
- Difficulties inherent in looking after complex technology (constant monitoring, upgrades and support).
- Challenges managing spam and virus protection
Is it secure?
Yes, we believe our service is more secure than any in-house mail deployment. Please see our security statement for details on our high security and redundancy credentials.
What happens if the hosted service goes down?
Our platform has multiple points of redundancy where if one system fails another automatically takes over. Suffice to say it is far more comprehensive that anything a small business can put together inhouse. We have an excellent track record in keeping our 99.9% uptime SLA and a robust response mechanism to address situations out of our control. For example, the service is fully monitored meaning that in the event of an issue arising, key support people are notified immediately and action is taken immediately.
Do I need mailboxes for all my colleagues?
Yes. In order to benefit from the group features such as sharing your contacts or allowing your colleagues to schedule appointments, everyone must be on the service. However, not everyone needs a full-feature mailbox - ask us for more details.
How does the storage work?
You get plenty of storage as standard with each mailbox, but this can be extended to an unlimited amount if required. We offer a range of online archiving options.
What happens if my internet connection goes down?
Unlike if you have your own server, your email continues to be delivered normally. You can use Outlook normally as well, but new email inbound and outbound will be queued until your Internet connection is up again.
For BlackBerry and other mobile devices users your communication services will continue and you will receive email as normal. When your connection returns your email systems will automatically synchronise leaving you to get on with your business.
You can also access your mail from another location or using a 3G card
Can I hook up my PDA, Smartphone or BlackBerry smartphone?
Yes. We support most mobile technologies so you can hook up your BlackBerry smartphone, PDA or phone to our service and hence get your emails delivered to your handheld. Opality Partners supply ready to go devices - couldn't get any easier!
What does the service cost?
Pricing is charged per mailbox per month and varies depending on volume. Please contact us for more information.
What does the monthly charge include?
Opality offers the best value for money solution in the market and includes the following inclusive benefits:
- Free Set Up
- Free Support
- Free 2003 or 2007 Outlook Client
- Free Professional Advanced Anti-spam and Email filtering on a per user basis
- Free Secure Daily Backup
- Free Anti-virus scanning
- Free and Unlimited Public Folders and Distribution Groups
- Free Opality Administration and User Control Panels
- Outlook Web Access
- 99.9% SLA